Posted by Neethi Thomas, Dafna Gal and Ashnil Dixit, Google Play
At Google Play, we’re dedicated to giving Android builders entry to the biggest potential market in your apps and video games. Google Play already helps free and paid apps in over 165 markets. We had beforehand lowered minimal costs builders can set for his or her merchandise for 20 markets like India and Brazil. Right now, we’re completely happy to announce that we have now diminished the minimum price limit for products in 20 more markets throughout Latin America, EMEA, and APAC.
With these new decrease limits, now you can set costs within the vary of 10-30 cents US equal in most of those markets. These ultra-low value factors, or “sub-dollar” costs, assist you to attain new potential patrons by adjusting your pricing to higher replicate native buying energy and demand. It additionally provides you extra flexibility to set your world pricing technique and provides extra customers the chance to take pleasure in monetized experiences in your apps and video games.
The minimal value restrict for paid apps, in-app merchandise, and subscriptions has been lowered in these new markets: Bangladesh, Bulgaria, Bolivia, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Denmark, Croatia, Hungary, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Lebanon, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Pakistan, Paraguay, Romania, Serbia, Thailand, Tanzania and Vietnam.
Further markets the place sub-dollar pricing is on the market: Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Egypt, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Nigeria, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Turkey and Ukraine
Greatest practices for sub-dollar pricing
Because the function was launched in 2015, Android builders have been utilizing sub-dollar pricing to increase their paying consumer base in artistic methods. Listed here are a couple of methods you should use sub-dollar pricing to assist develop your individual enterprise:
- Strive providing limited-time promotions. Sub-dollar pricing is a superb instrument to entice new customers via promotions, or to reward loyal customers with low-cost perks. For instance, to transform extra paying customers of their widespread recreation Lords Mobile, developer IGG typically presents particular bundles for less than IDR 3000 (USD 0.20) that provide 2-3x extra worth for a restricted time. As a result of these are particular presents, it allowed them to increase their payer base with out cannibalization.
- Provide seasonal offers. Sub-dollar pricing can be helpful for seasonal gross sales. As a result of customers know they’ve a restricted alternative to purchase these things, it makes them extra engaging. Mixed with the low value, it may be a pretty supply for first time patrons. Moonton presents uncommon skins when customers make their first buy of the season in Cell Legends, even when it’s a sub-dollar buy.
- Strive introductory pricing presents. Sub-dollar pricing may also be used to draw new paying customers with introductory pricing. For instance, you would supply customers who’ve by no means made a purchase order a beneficial merchandise at a sub-dollar value. Developer Moonton does this, providing customers entry to widespread heroes of their recreation Mobile Legends: Bang Bang once they make their first buy. This technique helps them attain new paying customers with out a lot impression on their total recreation financial system.
- Reward loyalty. You can too strive sub-dollar pricing along side repeat buy occasions. For instance, you would supply particular bonuses to gamers making one buy a day for seven days, with out customers spending greater than they’re snug with.
- Provide gacha. Sub-dollar pricing works nicely for chance-based gadgets, or “gacha,” which may attraction to new customers. Customers who aren’t prepared to spend $5 on a beneficial in-game merchandise could also be prepared to pay $0.15 to open a treasure chest with an opportunity of discovering the merchandise inside. By providing gacha at sub-dollar pricing, many customers could also be prepared to pay a token quantity simply to strive their luck.
There are numerous methods to make use of sub-dollar and localized pricing and the ideas listed above are simply a place to begin. We’re excited to see the way you’ll use our options to develop what you are promoting.