Lucapa’s Mothae diamond therapy plant in Lesotho. Credit score: Lucapa Diamond

Australia’s Lucapa Diamond (ASX: LOM) is restarting operations at its Mothae mine in Lesotho, Africa, which had been halted since late March to assist curb the unfold of the coronavirus.

The Perth-based firm stated it plans to escalate operations on the mine to 75% capability as some Covid-19 restrictions stay in place.

Business manufacturing at Mothae, which the Perth-based firm acquired in early 2017, started in January final yr, with the opening of a brand new 1.1 million tonne-per-year plant that’s progressively ramping as much as its nameplate capability.

It produced greater than 30,000 carats in its first yr of operations, together with three diamonds of greater than 100 carats every.

Lucapa has a 70% stake within the operation. The federal government of Lesotho owns the remaining 30%.

The mine is positioned solely 5km from Gem Diamonds’ (LON:GEMD) Letšeng, the world’s highest dollar-per-carat kimberlite diamond mine.

The corporate additionally has a 40% stake within the prolific Lulo mine in Angola, the place operations resumed partially in Might.

– This text first appeared in MINING.com, a part of Glacier Useful resource Innovation Group.



LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here