The Iron Bridge magnetite challenge. Picture: Fortescue Metals Group.

SIMPEC has received a $145 million main building contract for a moist processing plant at Fortescue Metals Group’s Iron Bridge magnetite challenge in Western Australia.

The Iron Bridge challenge is a three way partnership between Fortescue subsidiary FMG Magnetite and Formosa Metal.

SIMPEC will present vertical building providers for the works with a workforce of round 500.

SIMPEC is an engineering contractor subsidiary to WestStar Industrial Restricted.

In line with WestStar, the moist processing plant would require main module set up, tank set up, massive bore piping, and provide and set up {of electrical} and instrumentation works.

The moist processing plant is a key a part of Iron Bridge’s deliberate magnetite manufacturing charge of 22 moist million tonnes every year.

SIMPEC managing director Mark Dimasi stated the contract represents a serious milestone after 4 years of being a part of WestStar.

“This is a vital milestone achievement for SIMPEC within the supply of our firm’s mission to ship main initiatives within the business,” Dimasi stated.

“The award of the moist plant challenge represents our largest contract win so far with a first-tier consumer.

“To attain this in simply over 4 years of being a part of the group is a outstanding achievement. It’s proof that our folks and tradition are constructing a good firm that purchasers belief.”

Fortescue accomplished a technical and industrial evaluation of Iron Bridge in Could 2021.

The evaluation resulted in a revised value of as much as $US3.5 billion ($4.7 billion) for the challenge.

FMG Magnetite owns 69 per cent of the challenge whereas Formosa owns the remaining 31 per cent.

“We look ahead to additional growing our relationship with the Iron Bridge three way partnership and thank them for the chance to ship such a high-profile challenge,” Dimasi stated.

“Thanks to the staff for his or her dedication and efforts in securing this main award. This contract will strengthen our place out there and permit us to proceed to take our enterprise to a brand new stage.”

Pronews
Author: Pronews